Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2011 Ard Boyz Game 1


This scenario was the one I looked forward to most. Git dat dirty git!
I'm sorry I don't remember the gentleman's name, but, I think he came from Cookville. He played Chaos Demons:
HQ1: Herald of Tzeench on a chariot
HQ2: Same as above
HQ3: Bloodthirster
Elites1: 3 Flamers of Tzeentch
E2: 4 Bloodcrushers
E3: 6 Fiends of Slaanesh; 1 w/ unholy might
Troops1: 6 Pink Horrors
T2: 5 Pink Horrors (Icon)
T3: 5 Plaguebearers
T4: 10 Bloodletters (Icon)
T5: 10 Bloodletters (Icon)
Fast1: 10 Seekers of Slaanesh
FA2: 4 Screamers
FA3: 4 Screamers
Heavy1: Demon Prince of Tzeentch
HA2: Soul Grinder w/ Phlegm
HA3: Soul Grinder w/ Phlegm
My List: ORKS!!!!!!!!!!
HQ1: Mega-armored Warboss; TLShoota; PK; Bosspole: Cybork Body
HQ2: Warboss on Bike; Cybork body; Bosspole; PK
Elite1: 15 Lootas
Troops1: 5 Nob Bikers (1) Painboy; (1) Nob; PK; Cybork body; Waaagh Banner; (3) Nobz; PK; Cybork body
T2: 6Meganobs (2 Shoota/Rokkit); (3 Shoota/Skorcha); in BW w/ 3Big shootas;Armor plates; Red paint; grot riggas; Deth Rolla
T3: 29 Shoota Boyz (3 Big Shootas); 1 Nob w/Shoota; Bosspole; Eavy armor
T4: 29 Boyz (3 Big Shootas); 1 Nob w/PK/slugga; Bosspole; Eavy Armor
T5: 12 Boyz; 1Nob w/PK/Slugga; Bosspole; Eavy Armor; in Trukk w/ Big Shoota; red paint; Boarding plank; Armor plates
Fast Attack 1: 4 Dethkoptas w/ TL Rokkits
FA2: 13 Da Vulcha Boyz w/ Boss Zagstruk
Heavy 1: 3 Killa Kans w Kustom Mega Blastas; Dread CCW
I won the "who goes 1st" roll, but elected to let him go first, as I wanted something to shoot at when my turn came. He put my "traitor" with his plaguebearers and they weren't in the first wave. I put his with my Meganobs/Warboss in the BW.
After setting up his first wave came on the table.
Neither of us did much on the first turn, and he got little on the board on turn 2 so he moved forward with everything.
My turn 2 involved my Kans shooing their megablastas at his soul grinder stunning it, of course he got to ignore it. I moved my nob bikers towards his horrors assaulting them. I drove my BW forward and tank shocked his bloodcrushers, which hit them only once and they made their invul save.
Turn 3, saw his horrors die to my biker nobs, he charged his grinder into my kans and he proceeded to destroy 1 and stun another, oh most of his other demons came in this turn, including the plaguebearers with my traitor, who he put back toward his table edge.
My turn 3 saw his grinder finish off my kans, my meganobs and boss jumped out and attacked his bloodcrushers, I moved my trukk out to block his bloodthirster, my large squad of boyz attacked and wiped out one of his heralds; my bikernobs shot his bloodletters hitting 12 times and killing...1. I was just short of assaulting them.
Turn 4, brought the last unit of demons, his 6 fiends of Slaanesh, which he landed near my Lootas. His bloodthirster assaulted my trukk boyz, and wiped them off the board. His bloodletters assaulted my bikernobs/warboss with all those power attacks.... It wasn't pretty.
My turn 4: had Zagstruk and the Vulcha boyz came in and I put them in assault range of his plaguebearers and most importantly, my traitor. With time winding down, it would come down to this assault. My boss and meganobs finished off the bloodcrushers, and da Vulcha boyz and Zag did assault the traitor killing him and scoring me5 KPs.
We tallied our KPs and thanks to Zag, I managed a Major victory and first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment