Monday, August 17, 2009

The new "IG"

Well, as I said in the last post, I am going in a new direction with my guard. Instead of Catachans, I am going to use them as Penal squads. Going to get a Commissar Lord to lead them. I like the randomness of the penal squads, plus they have a leadership of 8. Of course, I will lack the heavy weapons and special weapons squads, but will rely on my elites of 2-3 units of stormtroopers for the "punch" of specials and tanks and sentinels for heavies. I'm going to use Cadians as stormtroopers as they are cheaper and plastic. Strangely enough, in all 3 games, my opponents feared facing my penal squads?!? I guess it really depends on which special ability you roll for the "desperadoes". Now to get rid of all those flamers! This is the 40K Addict, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment