Friday, July 17, 2009

Thursday Night

Well, went in with the boyz and did OK. Took a shooty boyz list with a Big Mek w/Shock attack gun and Badrukk. Badrukk and his flashgitz are expensive (515 pts.) with a paindok, but they killed in combined shooting and h-t-h a marine assault squad and almost 2 complete tac squads (left 1 heavy weapons guy standing). They way I figure it, they were a wash, as they killed around 550 pts. of marines. The best thing is I got to use my old warboss fig as Badrukk. It was an old ogryn body (square base and all) with a fantasy warboss head. The ripper gun looked great as the "Rippa". I'm definitely going to re-paint him, so I can use him again. The game ended in a draw (we played Capture & Control with a Dawn of War set up). This was his first battle against Orks and the first time I had played him. We both had a good time.
Speaking of painting, I got into a discussion with the leader of a gaming group I'm part of, the Death Jesters, about why we do or don't play in certain tourneys. He dosen't like 'Ard Boyz, because we don't have to paint, and I won't do rogue trader or official tourneys because you do have to paint. As I've said before, I like to play for playings sake. I saw his side, "you could use poker chips if all you wanted to do is play". But, I just don't see that painting should be worth so much in scoring in a game. Rock and a hard place.
Well, this is the 40K addict, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment